As a student employee, you are responsible for accurate and timely reporting of time worked each pay period. Follow these steps to ensure that you are paid accurately and timely. The calendar of deadlines and pay dates are located on the Payroll Calendar. Failure to accurately enter hours daily using Web Time Entry can result in termination of employment.
Web Time Entry Instructions
- At the end of each day that you work, log in Hornet HQ with your KNET username and password and visit the Time Entry tab on Hornet HQ Employee Self-Service.
- Open your time entry online form for the current pay period. If you do not find a time entry form available for the current pay period, contact Human Resources immediately at HR@kzoo.edu or by calling 269.337.7225.
- Enter all times in and out for the day, including meal breaks, while being mindful of AM/PM or using a 24-hour clock. If you stop working and start again on the same day, add a line to enter the additional work period. The total hours worked will calculate automatically. For example: On Monday, Ms. Smith worked in the Business Office from 11:10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., took a 30-minute lunch break, and worked again from 1 to 2:10 p.m. She entered these 4 times into her time entry form for a total of 2.5 hours worked that day.
- Select “Submit” to save and exit or to move to the next screen.
- Electronically sign your time entry on the last day that you work in the pay period, no later than midnight on the Sunday following the end of the pay cycle, by checking the appropriate box at the bottom of the time entry form. You will not be able to change your entries after you sign it. If you discover that an error was made after you sign it, tell your supervisor as quickly as possible.
- After you electronically sign your time entry form, your supervisor or time approver will review your time entry. If your time approver authorizes the time entry form, you will be notified via email. If your time approver rejects your time entry form, you will be notified of the reason for the rejection via email. Confer directly with your time approver if you have questions about the reason why your entry was rejected. Then make corrections as soon as possible and re-submit your time entry form.
- If you have more than one employment position, you must enter the time worked for each position.
Time Entry Approval
The payroll deadline for supervisory approval is 5 p.m., every other Monday for the two-week period. (If Monday is a holiday, then the deadline is 5 p.m. on Tuesday.) The exact calendar of dates can be found on the Payroll Calendar.
Supervisory approval is required before students can be paid. If time entry is not approved by the payroll deadline, payment may be delayed.