Submitting Time through Hornet HQ
As a employee, you are responsible for accurate and timely reporting of time worked each pay period.
- Each day that you work, login to Hornet HQ using your KNET user name and password.
- Select the Employee option
- Select the Time Entry tab
- Open your time entry form for the current pay period. If you do not find a time entry form available for the current pay period, contact payroll staff immediately.
- Note: If you have more than one employment position, you will have a separate web time entry form for each position. Be sure to report the correct times on each time entry form.
- Enter all times in and out for the day. If you stop working and start again on the same day, add a line to enter the additional work period. Total hours worked will calculate automatically.
- For example: On Monday Ms. Smith worked in the Business Office from 11:10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., took a 30 minute lunch break, and worked again from 1 p.m. to 2:10 p.m. She entered these times in and times out for a total of 2.5 hours worked.
- To add additional time: Select the +Additional Time button, choose your earn type from the drop down, and enter the number of additional hours under the specific day.
- Although Hornet HQ will automatically save your work. You can do so manually by selecting the Save button
- Submitting your time: Select the Submit for Approval button on the last day that you work in the pay period (no later than 10 a.m. on the Monday following the end of the pay cycle). If you discover after signing your time entry that you made an error you can recall your time sheet and edit.
Your supervisor will review and approve your time entry on the Monday following the last day of the pay period (always a Sunday). If your supervisor rejects your time entry, you will be notified the reason for rejection by email. Confer directly with your supervisor if you have questions about the reason he/she did not approve your time entry. Make any corrections as soon as possible, then Submit for Approval again.
Your Supervisor’s Responsibility:
The payroll deadline for supervisory approval is 12 noon on Monday for the two week pay period that ended on Sunday.
Supervisory approval is required before you can be paid. If your time entry is not approved by the payroll deadline, payment may be delayed until the next pay date.