W-4 Tax Withholding Forms

Please review your current W-4 allowances, located on the top left side of your pay advice. Employees who are paid electronically can view pay advices on the Earning Statements tab of Hornet HQ Employee Self-Service. If you wish to make a change, submit a new W-4 to the Payroll Office.

The forms below are used to change your current withholding information. If you are a new employee and are completing these forms for the first time, please contact Human Resources at HR@kzoo.edu.

IRS Tax Withholding Estimator

Federal W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate

Wages are taxable income and the college is required to have a completed W-4 form on file for you in order to pay you. You do not have to complete the Personal Allowances Worksheet, but you must complete boxes 1 thru 5 of the Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate and sign and date it. Please be aware that Kalamazoo College cannot offer specific tax advice. Therefore, you may need to consult outside sources such as the IRS, a tax advisor, or a parent/guardian.

International students should not use this form but the one that prints from GLACIER.  Students with tax status nonresident alien must indicate that status on the form W-4 to avoid having additional taxes withheld from your paycheck.

Michigan W-4, Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificate

You must complete boxes 1 thru 6, sign and date this form. In box 6, enter the number of allowances you are claiming. Most people enter the same number they entered in box 5 on their Federal W-4.

Residents of IL, IN, KY, MN, OH and WI are exempt from paying State of Michigan taxes. Do not enter anything in box 6, rather check box “b” on line 8 and write “State of __ resident” where asked to explain.